Academic Qualifications, Filipino VAs – Frequently Asked Questions
What Qualifications Do Filipino Virtual Assistants Workers Have?
When it comes to qualifications, we talk about those as distinct from experience, skills, and training.
For experience, skills and training see:
Here, we try to provide some insight into the common educational qualifications we can usually recruit for Filipino workers.
High School Graduates
Most will be high school graduates and come out of school with a solid set of core skills. These include technology, competency in MS Office applications, English language, and majors in a wide range of fields such as web design, ethics, web development, and much more.
Bachelor’s and Post Graduate Degrees
Common degree types include:
- Law Bar Exam Graduates & Bachelor of Laws
- Accountancy, Science of Accountancy, CPA (Certified Public Accountant), Management Accounting
- Business Administration Major in Banking and Finance
- Multimedia Arts with a specialization such as Video Production.
- Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Food Technology
- Nursing & Science in Nursing
- Biology & Biological Science
- Development Communication
- Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Mass Communications
- Philosophy & Applied Ethics
- Elementary Education, Special Needs Education, Early Childhood Education
What typically surprises U.S. employers hiring Filipino virtual assistants is the quality of available talent in the Philippines. This includes educational levels as well as skills and experience.
It is totally realistic to be able to hire a motivated, highly educated, and very experienced, individual from the Philippines for dramatically less than the cost of hiring a high school dropout in the U.S. Whatever your needs regarding specific qualifications, do not be surprised if they are a lot more available then you think.